Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Windows 7 32 or 64 bit ?

Dave Plowman (News) wrote
Huge wrote

Outlook is an optional part of Office.

I've never bought 'office' but have OE as part of all the Windose
operating systems I've ever bought - with the exception of 7, since
they've obviously realised at last it's not worth bothering with anymore.

Sadly, the doddery old **** is right (*). I have an MS Office Professional
Plus CD on the desk in front of me right now, and it has Outlook on it.

Right. I've no need for MS Office.

But if it's only available with a pro set

It isnt.

- when news groups are essentially a hobby or leisure thing

You are again utterly mangling Outlook and Outlook Express.

They are entirely different apps which stupidly share the word Outlook.

- what does that tell you about MS?

Nothing except that they were stupid enough to choose the NAMES that stupidly.

They dont even do that anymore, OE got renamed Windows Mail and then
Windows Live Mail when it got lumped in with their other 'live' stuff like webmail
done with a desktop client.

(* I suppose it had to happen eventually.)