Posted to alt.home.repair
Doug[_14_] Doug[_14_] is offline

Default The OT - New thread on Florida shooting - New News

On Tue, 10 Apr 2012 17:21:26 -0500, Michael Dobony
wrote:

On Tue, 10 Apr 2012 16:17:19 -0500, Doug wrote:

On Tue, 10 Apr 2012 14:45:51 -0500, "Attila.Iskander"
wrote:

"Oren" wrote in message
On Tue, 10 Apr 2012 12:51:04 -0500, "Attila.Iskander"
wrote:

and zimmerman appears to have a history of violent behavior.....

So you will swallow any **** that the media feeds you..

If notice the first (early) photos of Z show him in a mug shot. I
noticed his "orange jump suit" from the begriming.

Yes the press INTENTIONALLY presented a photo that is
- old
- not very complementary
They did EXACTLY the opposite for Martin by showing an old photo that made
him look more like a happy problem-free child, and not the thrice suspended
High-Schooler with women's jewelry and MJ in his possession

Very much in the line of editing the 911 call to make it sound that
Zimmerman targeted Martin because he was black, by leaving out the fact that
he was responding to a question by the 911 operator.

"...According to the documents, Zimmerman went to court in 2005 and
2006 for these incidents. "

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/state/zimmerman-of-sanford-has-past-arrest-charges-2266725.html

I'm not sure these arrests preclude him from having a permit under
Florida law. The state may have a reckoning period, where he can apply
after X amount of years.

Clearly they did NOT, since Zimmerman HAD a permit.
And just being arrested and "going to court" means nothing.

Once when refereeing a soccer game, I stepped between an irate parent and a
player to protect the player. In the process, I took the parent down (hard),
and made sure he wasn't getting up, since in my opinion he clearly had the
intention of assaulting said player.
When the police showed up, I was temporarily "detained at the scene" while
the story was cleared up.
The parent was arrested, I was not.
The parent was charged, I was not.
The case went to court, and I DID have to appear.

I'm quite sure that that incident could be easily stated as
"While refereeing, he was detained by police and had to appear in court
for assaulting a parent"
All it would be true in fact.
But the way it was stated would lead to a false impression.

Incomplete stories can easily be manipulated to gull the gullible or those
who are looking for a certain point of view.
We already have had some CLEARLY intentional misrepresentation by the press,
(MSNBC actually admitted to it for the 911 call ), both by the photo, and
the partial 911 call.

I have to admit whoever made the decision to put the original photos
on tv had to know from experience what this was going to do (sway). I
don't believe it was accidental even if newer ones were not available
yet.

Personally, I'm not convinced this was a racial killing yet but I
still ask myself if this was simply murder? Hopefully time will
tell but regardless of the outcome, I'm glad I'm not in his shoes.

Forget about everything that happened and was said from the press.
Witnesses saw Martin attacking Zimmerman, on top of him and pounding him,
and Zimmerman screaming for help. That makes the shooting self-defense if
done during the assault by Martin.

Ok but when I saw the video, I didn't see any blood, grass stains or
wrinkled clothing. And when he got outa the police car, he didn't
look like a person who had a struggle / fight with another person. I
know some explain this saying the video isn't clear but it looked
clear to me. Right or wrong, due to the confusion, I'll just wait
till the dust settles on this. And you're right about the press...
best to ignor them, at least for right now.