Posted to uk.d-i-y
dennis@home dennis@home is offline

Default Windows 7 32 or 64 bit ?

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
dennis@home wrote:
Thats not windows, thats just outlook.

Which is part of Windose.

Its an optional part of Office.

Eh?

Outlook is an optional part of Office.

Its the one OSS keeps trying to copy (not very well).

Eh eh?

There are numerous OSS projects trying to do what Outlook does.

If you really want to be pedantic there is *no* user software in linux.
You have to use some other OSS to do anything.
You can use all the *good* OSS software on windows if you want to.
You give linux far too much credit, it is a tiny bit of OSS.

of which there's lots around for free. Like Thunderbird.

And like OE.

Which is crap, unless you apply non Windose fixes to it. It is non
compliant.

None compliant with what?

The clearly set out standards for a medium which wasn't owned by MS, but
designed to work with any basic computer, independant of operating system.

It posts plain text posts perfectly well.

It will attempt to post in HTML unless you stop it.

So will others.
The version I use comes with plain text for news and html for mail.

It uses a non standard ASCII set.

ASCII is the same, the character set may or may not be standard, who defines
the standard?

It can't even manage the correct length lines.

It manages fine here.

And lots lots

there aren't many more things a news reader has to do so there can't be lots
and lots.

I'm quite sure I can find many more duff applications that are distributed
on "linux" disks.