Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT - New thread on Florida shooting

On Sun, 8 Apr 2012 23:29:41 -0500, "Attila.Iskander"
wrote:

"Han" wrote in message
.. .
" wrote in
:

On Apr 8, 5:35 pm, Han wrote:
" wrote
innews:iiv3o7l3
:

On 08 Apr 2012 19:04:49 GMT, Han wrote:

" wrote in
m:

On 08 Apr 2012 17:42:30 GMT, Han wrote:

" wrote in
m:

On 08 Apr 2012 15:06:48 GMT, Han wrote:

"HeyBub" wrote in
news8ydnef20PhjFBzSnZ2dnUVZ_oednZ2d@earthl ink.com:

Of 65,561 convictions in my state, CHL holders were
responsible for 101 of these (0.1541%). This was in 2009, the
latest year I could find.

Some interesting comparisons: Of 406 murder convictions, one
was done by a CHL holder. For manslaughter, the tabulation
was 105 vs zero.

http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/adminis..._records/chl/C
on
vi ct io nRatesReport2009.pdf

Interesting. Would you think this might mean that only people
wh
are properly instructed and/or licensed should have access to
guns?

How in the hell would a even a lefty mind come up with this
one?

It's really simple logic, dear krw. The rate of convictions
among CHL is much lower than in the general population, so either
we should just hand out CHlicenses, or we should make everyone
take the test and (if passed) hand out the licenses. Any rightie
should be able to follow that.

Dear moron lefty, it's even simpler than that. Licensed gun
owners are a self-selected group, who by nature are law-abiding.
As usual
,
your lefty mind has cause and effect reversed; most illogical.

No, I AM right. If you make sure people follow a course and pass
an exam before handing out guns, much of this world could be a
better place. You have just proven to me that you basically agree
with me
-
that licensing guns is better than just handing them out.
Obviously you now will also agree with me that gun sellers should
keep records of whom they are selling weapons to.

Absolute nonsense. Statistics don't support your silly position.

Heybub posted some data. Followed to their logical conclusion, those
data support keeping guns away from the hoi poloi, and only licensing
them to people who have proven to be able to handle them properly.
It
is
really quite simple. Only the interpretation of the NRA of the
reading of the second amendment is standing in the way.

No, what's standing in the way is that the criminals, for the
most part, are NOT obtaining guns right now via legal channels.
They already obtain them illegally. So, I'm as bewildered as
KRW as to what point you're trying to make here and I don't
see your "logical conclusion".

And guess, which
companies profit?

How about we outlaw guns totally? We've done that with
cocaine. Yet those that want it can readily obtain it, criminals
have it, and who's profiting from that?

Quoting the relevant porion of his post:
But as to "how much crime they [CHL holders] commit," my state DOES
keep track.

Of 65,561 convictions in my state, CHL holders were responsible for
101 of these (0.1541%). This was in 2009, the latest year I could
find.

Some interesting comparisons: Of 406 murder convictions, one was done
by a CHL holder. For manslaughter, the tabulation was 105 vs zero.

http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/adminis...ds/chl/Convict.
.. atesReport2009.pdf

--
Best regards
Han

Like with cocaine, if youdon't do something with the suppliers, you're
not going to be able to do anything. Unlike cocaine, we're not dealing
with physical addiction (I hope), so there shouldn't be any "withdrawal",
except for NRA types, perhaps. But you are declaring yourselves as
incorrigible victims of an ultraright indoctrination that guns are good,
people are good, and all the violence is just a few criminals.

There you go making stupid and ignorantly biased generalizations
1) MOST of the crimes are committed by criminals
2) MOST of the criminal uses of guns are also committed by criminals who
are ALREADY barred from possession of guns

Interesting that he also believes that the notion that "People are good" is
from "ultraright indoctrination".
IF that is the case, the are we to believe that leftist indoctrination is
that "people are bad" ??
Mmmm
That would explain a great deal about all the arrogant notions that the left
believes.

It really does boil down to that. Leftists don't believe people can be
trusted to take care of themselves. ...and the ones that can are to be
trusted the least. Individuals get in the way of the collective.

As to the silly strawman that gun owner believe that "guns are good"
That is typical hoplophobic ANIMIST thinking that tools such as guns are
anything BUT inanimate objects that have power over their possessors to make
them good or evil.

Right again.

That would explain a great deal of the reaction of the left to fictional
tales such as the Lord of the Rings.

Well, their world *is* fantasy.