Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT - More

On Mon, 09 Apr 2012 00:46:22 -0500, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

On 4/5/2012 12:06 PM, Robert Green wrote:
wrote in message
On Sun, 1 Apr 2012 11:55:06 -0400, "Robert Green"
wrote:

Zimmerman will undoubtedly face a wrongful death civil
suit funded by some very deep pockets.

Um, Florida being a Castle Doctrine state protects from a justified
shooting. The family cannot sue for wrongful death, take your house,
land, cats, dogs or anything from all the people you ever knew.

Remember, the key word in that law is "justified." If a court finds
Zimmerman's use of force unjustified, all those protection vanish into thin
air.

My state is not called a castle doctrine state because THAT one point
in the law was not written in this past year. Had protection from
civil liabilities been added, we would be in the states called Castle
Doctrine.

The lesson of the ACA should be clear here. Just because a law is passed
doesn't mean it's going to pass constitutional muster.

I see today, "deep pockets" in Texas is or has already given $10,000
to the Zimmerman defense -- assuming he committed a crime and is
arrested, put on public trial and all that mess.

You're the one who recently said, IIRC, if they can't get someone on state
charges, they Feds can go after them without fear of double jeopardy. The
Feds can go after Zimmerman for violating Martin's civil rights regardless
of the state law. That was a quite popular tactic in the South where some
states had laws that made it almost impossible for a white person to be
tried for killing a black one.

This incident, as they say in the news business had "grown legs" and there's
no telling where those legs might take it. With big money on both sides of
the issue, I suspect this case will end up in the Supreme Court. I am sure
that more than one or two thugs and gangstas are saying to themselves "All I
have to do is ambush a dude where there are no witnesses, muss myself up to
look like I was attacked and I can kill anyone I want to and walk." Even
die-hard 2nd Amendment fans are going to find such cases hard to choke down.

--
Bobby G.

Why is not national news when a Negro murders a Caucasian? o_O

What's even more bigoted is the absolute silence about the epidemic of
black-on-black crime. It's like it's expected of "them".