Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Windows 7 32 or 64 bit ?

Brian Gaff wrote:
Windows 7 has no email client and Outlook express won't run on it.
You need to download Live Mail or Thunderbird.
Most files will copy, but its the software that might need to be
fiddled with. certainly more oproblems with 64 bit. If you really
need that access to address space then fine, but most do not.

Note that only the top of the range Win 7 will allow you to run what
is in effect XP under 7.

It isnt just Ultimate that allows that, Pro and Enterprise do too.

When I get a new PC it'll be Windows 7, but what are the pros and
cons of the two differebt bit sizes ?
I've heard you can't copy stuff from XP machines to 64 bit Win 7
machines. Is that true ?
I'd like to copy .jpg and .pdf files, Outlook Express folders and MS
Word .doc files. Are those a problem, and if so, are there any
workarounds or conversion utilities available ?

Jim Hawkins