Posted to alt.home.repair
Ron Ron is offline

Default 38 year old freezer efficiency?

On Apr 10, 12:43*pm, "Doug" wrote:
On Tue, 10 Apr 2012 11:42:20 -0400, "Robert Green" wrote:
it.

Still, if you're thrifty, it's hard to trash something that hasn't failed
for a gradual payback on your electric bill. *It's so much nicer when they
cooperate by dying a quick, expensive to repair, death.

Agreed. *I couldn't see myself buying a big screen tv but the death of
my old large heavy Sony made it a bit easy to swallow * * * * Of
course I like the new tv much better but honestly if the old one was
still working, I'd probably still be using it. * I'm cheap but like to
say practical instead.

Did you buy LCD or Plasma? LCDs use about the same amount of power or
slightly more for same size screen.

I had a 45" Mitsubishi RPTV that lasted me for 12 years that I
replaced 2 years ago with a 50" Panasonic Plasma. The Panny uses 400
watts, as compared to the Mits that used 210 watts.