Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank Frank is offline

Default termites

On Apr 10, 11:36*am, "Doug" wrote:
On Tue, 10 Apr 2012 07:43:31 -0400, "Robert Green"

wrote:
"Frank" wrote in message

Spectricide has a termite detector spike that will tell you if termites
are near the house but I declined to buy these.

It's not just a detector, it's got nest-killing poison that's very
effective. *I've been using them for over 7 years with no sign of termites
returning. *The indicator lets you know when termites have taken the bait.
A spring indictator pops up when the bait (holding the indicator down) is
eaten away. *Unfortunately, it also "pops" when the bait is dissolved by
water. *I would definitely be laying down at least half a dozen stakes
between my house and wherever I saw termites in the backyard.

Do you have a rough idea what these cost per unit ?

They are called something like Spectracide Termite Stakes.
When I was at Lowes they had two sets, one for about $40 and a smaller
one for about $16.
Before going to Lowes, about 10 miles away, I stopped at local Kmart
and they had zilch for termites.