Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Kyocera End Mills - Where to Buy

A month or so ago I asked Kyocera for a catalog. They sent a catalog
and a price sheet. I'll be contacting them later today to see what
their purchasing processes and policies are.

They really do have the best spread or range of sizes in the small
stuff. Atleast on paper. When I was getting started (and still) I
received a number of their end mills new from various Ebay sellers.
Not that other brands were not decent, but I found I really liked the
Kyocera pieces. Yes I like some of the coated ones Reid Supply sells
also, but for a bare bright solid carbide end mills I get really
really good life out of the Kyocera ones.

Anyway, I was wondering where the best place to buy them is? Some
place that stocks a good selection, and buys enough to sell them at a
reasonable price. I tried MSC, but they do not have a good
selection. Their price is 20-25% higher than the published prices
from Kyocera (I assumed that was "list" price), and they do not even
show the sizes that I need right now.

Do any of you guys buy direct from Kyocera? How are they to work
with?