Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default Windows 7 32 or 64 bit ?

Windows 7 has no email client and Outlook express won't run on it. You need
to download Live Mail or Thunderbird.
Most files will copy, but its the software that might need to be fiddled
with. certainly more oproblems with 64 bit. If you really need that access
to address space then fine, but most do not.
Note that only the top of the range Win 7 will allow you to run what is in
effect XP under 7.
Brian

--
Brian Gaff -
in the display name may be lost.
"Jim Hawkins" wrote in message
When I get a new PC it'll be Windows 7, but what are the pros and cons of
the two differebt bit sizes ?
I've heard you can't copy stuff from XP machines to 64 bit Win 7 machines.
Is that true ?
I'd like to copy .jpg and .pdf files, Outlook Express folders and MS Word
.doc files. Are those a problem, and if so, are there any workarounds or
conversion utilities available ?

Jim Hawkins