Default LED domestic lighting

On 15 Jul 2003 19:45:36 GMT, (Andrew
Gabriel) wrote:

The white ones are UV with fluorescent phosphors, so they can
be made same colours as fluorescent lamps in theory, but I suspect
there's no demand for 2700K ones. Also, the efficiency of the
phosphor will reduce slightly for lower colour temperature and
at the moment everyone is after highest brightness, so that would
not be a lot of interest to manufacturers.

http://www.lumileds.com/ has a PDF about a forthcoming 3200k" Warm
White, Incandescent-Equivalent LED" shipping in August (it talks about
LEDs "rapidly gaining traction" in general lighting, ...we give them a
byootiful language and what do they do to it.............)
3200K is around quartz halogen colour temp (tho being flouro based I'm
guessing the "quality" of the light whould be like that of a Warm
White fluro)
IIRK one of the probs with white LEDs is the colour isn't stable with
time.

Lumileds has some impressive 5w suckers with heatsinks on the back
but it's Nichia's 50mW blue or violet lasers that I covet!