Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Passing of an Iconic amp maker;(...

In article ,
The Natural Philosopher wrote:
That's what many makers would have you belive as it keeps costs down. But
the better handling FWD cars also have decent rear suspension.

Agreed.
trailing arms and a rear beam is..vile.
the original mini with its traling arms and IIRC a sort of wishbone
arrangement was infinitely superior. Minis were almost impossible to get
into a silly state, but the Morris 1100 was easy to get into a tail
slapper on a trailing throttle. Vile.

If my memory serves me right, all that era of BMC FWD cars have the same
type of rear suspension. Front, too. The hydrolastic connection was more
about comfort than handling, though.

--
*Money isn't everything, but it sure keeps the kids in touch *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.