Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve B[_13_] Steve B[_13_] is offline

Default Kitchen Countertop ReDo

"Dottie" wrote in message
The county where I live changed the water last year and everybody has
calcium/lime deposits all over the place. I have Wilsonart laminate
kitchen countertops....installed in 2003. The place behind the
faucets was really bad looking with the white spots and I scrubbed too
hard. Took the design off the Wilsonart. (They don't make it like
they used to). I am looking around for new material for
countertop...because I may put the house on the market next year. I
saw ads for various things -- but what really caught my eye was
"reglazing". It's done with paint ... and the pictures look exactly
like granite. Anyone familiar with this? How well does it last?
They also reglaze bath tubs. I had one of mine reglazed once and it
lasted several years, looked alright... but I finally replaced the tub
and got new tile in there. I am not sure its the same process ... but
if any of you are familiar with it would like to know what you think.
Questions I should ask, etc. Thanks. (And I am assuming it would be
less expensive than replacing the entire thing I have now).

Just get it done in granite, and enjoy it every time you look at it. And
every time you hear someone else whining about theirs. Granite rocks!

Steve