Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default Recirculating heat motor ... can it be quieted or bypassed (pic included)

Martin C. wrote:
UPDATE:

I'm leaving the hot water recirculation pump off for now, and,
interestingly, not only is it quiet but more than one person commented
the water in the shower appears to be HOTTER!

I don't see how that can be, so, maybe it's due to something else. But
the good news is the fifteen second wait for the water to warm up now
isn't at all a problem. Most of the time the water is warm right away
anyway, instead of blazingly hot right away as it was before.

The main thing I'm thinking about now, since I'm likely to permanently
leave the pump unpowered, is whether I should leave the three valves
in the closed or open position (the two twist valves won't turn by
hand).

Advice?

http://www.google.com/search?rls=com...s&spell=1&sa=X

Putting a timer on it so it runs once a day could limit the risk of legionnaires
disease.