Posted to alt.home.repair
gonjah gonjah is offline

Default termites

On 4/9/2012 8:49 AM, Frank wrote:
Don't have them but see them in a stump about 25 feet from the house.
Just wondering what I should do as a homeowner to keep them away from
the house. Not interested in hiring an exterminator. Next door
neighbor had them a few years ago and needed exterminator who treated
infestation and set up the stakes with juvenile hormone bait and
killed the nest. With all the wood around our houses they are back
and I want to keep them away from my house.

*If* you ever plan to sell the house, I'd get a good termite
extermination service and retain all documentation. Termites scare
buyers and, with my experience, the documentation is well worth the
price to help ease any fears. YMMV

BTW: I'd get the service anyway.