Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Hard water and magnets

On Apr 9, 8:58*am, KenK wrote:
I've heard and read about flowing water past a magnet to keep calcium in
suspension and from coating stuff. I wnnt to try this with my evaporative
cooler for starters. I haven't found a magnetic adapter to put in the water
line locally. I have a small powerful surplus magnet. What if I put it
under the float valve that controls incoming water so the water flows over
it? Anyone try anything like this?

TIA

--
"Experience is something you don't get until
just after you need it." Steven Wright

Can I sell you a bridge between Manhattan and Brooklyn???? Or, maybe
some aluminum foil to line your underwear or your hat against an
atomic or hydrogen bomb??