Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default Giggle

I just got a mailer from my local electric provider.

"For as little as $7.99 per month, you can get one simple protection package
that covers your home's interior electrical wiring system from breaker panel
to outlets as well as your consumer electronics."

They're evidently hawking a "whole-house" surge protector.* The stated fee
does provide up to $1,000 per year for repairs to interior electrical wiring
(?) and up to $500 for repair or replacement of consumer electronics.

------
* Whole-house, electronic, surge protectors are available for 35-50 bucks
and are dirt simple to install.