Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Arfa Daily Arfa Daily is offline

Default Marshall = Scam Business

At least Arfa has the possible excuse that his ( alleged ) personal
friendship with Jim Marshall has blinded him to reality.

You see ? There you go again - quoting **** that was never actually said to
try to make yourself look clever (a monumentally impossible task, I might
add).

Back in 1970, when the concept of a 'mobile' disco was new and there weren't
many around, I ran a light show. The equipment to do this was provided by
the outfit that I did most work for. The owner was a good personal friend of
Jim Marshall, although how that came about, I don't know. Jim Marshall's
company built him a custom semi-circular console with a pair of modified
Garrard decks at either side, and a preamp unit in the middle. It had deck
control switches, and early slider pots, made using ordinary rotary pots,
and a rack and pinion arrangement. There was also an amplifier head, good
for around 100 watts as I recall, that employed four output valves, which I
believe were KT66s. I was always led to believe that this was also a one-off
custom design for the owner.

I used to hang around a lot with this outfit and its owner / DJ as I worked
for him 4 or 5 nights a week, and we were on the road a lot together. The
equipment led a hard life on that road, and inevitably, there were breakages
and the odd problem. As the Marshall factory was only around 20 miles away,
and the equipment had been custom built by them, it was logical that it go
back to them to be repaired.

And that's the occasions when I met Jim Marshall. If you go back to the
original thread, here's what I *actually* said :

" and met Jim on several occasions in the early days through a mutual friend
"

Having a 'mutual friend' does not imply friendship between the first and
third parties. I never stated nor suggested that I was ever the friend of
Jim Marshall, only that I met him on several occasions. So get your facts
straight at least, before running your mouth with yet more smart-arsed
foaming drivel.

Then reality is never on the agenda at any time with a ****wit like Arfa.

That's rich, coming from a retard like you who invents stuff that was never
actually said ...

Arfa

... Phil