Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default Cleaning paint-roller pans

HeyBub wrote:
Two words: Pressure washer.

You may recall I used a pressure washer on some interior walls(!).

Well, the walls are painted; now it's time to clean up. Since the
pressure washer was still sitting on the walkway, well, why not?

Done it three minutes!

It used to take me twenty minutes or more to clean a roller pan in
the sink. Now the job is over before I can recite the Gettysburg
Address! Plus, the clean-up is almost enjoyable.

(I didn't try the rollers - they went in the trash.)

A few minutes with a garden hose nozzle cleans both the pan and the roller.

Use a long extension handle on the roller, and the jet nozzle of the hose to
spin it at high speed while it cleans. Tilt the roller so it doesn't spray you.
Lastly, spin the roller at high speed by holding the water jet just right, then
pull the water away. The roller is spun pratically dry. Just hose out the pan,
that's easy. I easily re-use rollers many times. Haven't actually thrown one
away in years.

I do a quick rinse in the laundry tub to get rid of the bulk of the paint, then
the rest over the lawn. A light spray on the lawn afterwards cleans it.