Posted to alt.home.repair
Robert Green Robert Green is offline

Default OT - New thread on Florida shooting

"HeyBub" wrote in message
m...
Oren wrote:
On Fri, 6 Apr 2012 06:55:57 -0500, "HeyBub"
wrote:

J Carter wrote:
I am not advocating this, but consider:
What if Martin, seing he was being followed, had fear for his life?
He would then have grounds under SYG. (Who was rhe fearer and who
was the fearee, to put it in legal terms:-)) After all, he belonged
in the condo complex by virtue of visiting his father's fiancee.

You raise an interesting point. In your scenario, BOTH have a right
to stand their ground.

In such a case, we then have to fall back on an even more primitive
principle: Don't bring a fist to a gun fight.

Ya gotta be 21 (FL? ) to buy a gun. Gifts are different.

Um, most gang-bangers don't buy their guns. At least not from a licensed
dealer. Heck, some even RENT their guns (I didn't make that up).

In NYC, gangbangers often have a single "gang gun" that they loan out as
needed to gang members.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/02/11/ny...re-common.html

Waka Flocka is the name of a rapper. But to these men, the phrase
described something else.
The community gun.

Hidden and shared by a small group of people who use them when needed, and
are always sure to return them, such guns appear to be rising in number in
New York, according to the police. It is unclear why. The economy? Times are
tough - not everyone can afford a gun. "The gangs are younger, and their
resources are less," said Ed Talty, an assistant district attorney in the
Bronx.

--
Bobby G.