Posted to alt.home.repair
Attila.Iskander Attila.Iskander is offline

Default OT - New thread on Florida shooting

"HeyBub" wrote in message
news
Robert Green wrote:

The vitriolic respondents to the NYT articles seem to forget it was
posted in response to HeyBub's claim that he could find NO instances
of CHL holders committing gun crimes. Oops. The NYT found plenty of
instances after carefully researching the issue instead of simply
beating their chests. Funny how their pro-SYG people's positions
change when hit squarely in the head with facts from a detailed
study. Now they're claiming "more peaceful" instead of "no
instances." They still refuse to acknowledge that because most
states don't publish a list of CHL holders, there's very little way
to determine how much crime they commit and therefore whether there's
any truth to their wild claims. And it seems they want to KEEP it
that way. One can only guess why.

You may very well be correct.

I don't read the New York Times.

Doctor's orders. Must keep my blood pressure down.

But as to "how much crime they [CHL holders] commit," my state DOES keep
track.

Of 65,561 convictions in my state, CHL holders were responsible for 101 of
these (0.1541%). This was in 2009, the latest year I could find.

Some interesting comparisons: Of 406 murder convictions, one was done by a
CHL holder. For manslaughter, the tabulation was 105 vs zero.

http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/adminis...Report2009.pdf

That's not good enough for him
Per him, CHL holders should have NO privacy and anyone who wants to publish
their personal info should be able to do so just for the fact that they have
a permit to carry.
The scum has a problem with the notion of a right to privacy of ONE
PARTICULAR class of people
The claim tht it somehow would show anything about them that would fit his
agenda is a lie