Posted to alt.home.repair
DD_BobK DD_BobK is offline

Default Concrete vibrator info

On Apr 8, 1:27*pm, "Steve B" wrote:
I need some information regarding concrete vibrators. *Does the head and
shaft come in one piece, or two? *Are there places where one can have longer
shafts fabricated? *Are they serviceable? *Do you know of any sites where I
can find information regarding these questions? *I come upon millions of
sites, and they are all full of information, but I haven't really found one
that answers these questions.

Steve

My experience is with Wyco vibrators

The Wyco vibrator that I used (for 10 years) consisted on a motor, a
shaft assembly and the vibrator head.
My original use was on 14' tall by 24" diameter columns so we got a
shaft extension that gave us a bit more length.

My vibrator is similar to a 992A
http://wycotool.com/index.php/all-products

so to answer your original questions (as related to unit above)

Does the head and shaft come in one piece, or two? motor, shaft,
head

Are there places where one can have longer shafts fabricated? Wacker
sold them as stock parts
Are they serviceable? yes, very

Do you know of any sites where I can find information regarding these
questions?

Wyco is a professional tool (ie $$$$) I don't know about the Makitas,
Dewalts,etc

Take a look at ebay Item number: 180770871685

If this is just for some DIY work, consider renting on
Or buy one on ebay or CL and flip it when you're done.

cheers
Bob