Posted to alt.home.repair

Default WAY OT ~ Vanguard funds

Sounds true, to me. I've not shopped for financial planners, but your
counsell sounds right.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"larry moe 'n curly" wrote in message

Stormin Mormon wrote:

I'd suggest to open your yellow pages phone book, and look for financial
planners. Call four or five of them. Go with the one who sounds easy
going,
and who makes sense when he speaks.

Most of them are smooth talkers who seem like they're making sense
even when they're selling something ridiculous or bad for the
customer. The worst financial planners play way too much to people's
fears about about taxes or losing money on investments and try to make
financial matters seem more complicated than they actually are, just
to make customers think they can't handle anything on their own but
need a Certified Expert.

It may take as much skill to properly choose a financial planner as to
choose mutual funds. That's not to say financial planning is only
about investing, but it's usually best to avoid retail sales people.