Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Recirculating heat motor ... can it be quieted or bypassed (pic included)

On Apr 8, 2:15*pm, "Martin C."
wrote:
On Sun, 08 Apr 2012 05:43:44 -0700, wrote:
Bubbling noises from the water heaters?
That doesn't sound right.....

It is clearly from the heaters.
Are they not supposed to bubble?

If the demand isn't that high, I'd shut one off.

I should try that. I think the only one who would 'miss' the 100 gallons
of hot water is the teen miss herself!

If so, he's save on the standby losses.

Would the tank 'go bad' just sitting there though?

I would think it should last substantially longer with the heat
turned off. Many of the failure mechanisms are related to the
heating process. Now if you have a dual system and
turn one off, whether leaving it full of water, or leaving
it with water flowing through it, or emptying it will
preserve it longer, I don't know.