Posted to alt.home.repair
Don Phillipson[_3_] Don Phillipson[_3_] is offline

Default WAY OT ~ Vanguard funds

"gonjah" gonjah.net wrote in message

On 4/7/2012 7:44 PM, gregz wrote:
gonjahgonjah.net wrote:
I've got to put some money ( $5k but less than $10k) in a IRA to avoid
Fed income taxes

Anyone have a suggestion on which Vanguard fund they would pick?

Sorry for the OT post and my lack of $ knowledge. I've got until April
15.

You put money in determined by the markets. I don't think things are
going
to get better any time soon. Right now I would remain mostly cautious.
Stick half in vanguard retirement fund. Put the other half in whatever
year
your retiring, like vanguard retirement 2020 .

Wow. I had no idea that's what those numbers meant. Do you know what
Expense Ratio I should be looking at?

In most places, banks offer free investment advice (albeit probably
biased towards bank-owned funds.) The point is that the adviser
can explain technical terms on the spot, and you have the right to
require that all costs be identified. In exchange, you must decide
about "risk" in terms the bank understands.

--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs