Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Recirculating heat motor ... can it be quieted or bypassed (pic included)

On Apr 8, 1:03*am, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On Sun, 8 Apr 2012 04:15:08 +0000 (UTC), "Martin C."

wrote:

Interestingly, with the noise of the pump eliminated ... now the
complaint is the bubbling water from the two large hot water heaters ...
sigh ...

Bubbling noises from the water heaters? That doesn't
sound right.....

Two water heaters? *You may want to determine if you really need two
of them.

I was thinking that too. If the demand isn't that high, I'd
shut one off. Could try doing that and seeing if there is
still enough hot water. If so, he's save on the standby
losses. A friend of mine bought a house that has two
water heaters. They were set up in parallel. I suggested
he try shutting one off. The only issue is that the house
also has a jacuzzi type tub. That takes all the hot water
to just get it to an acceptable level and is the reason for
the second water heater.

Just moving into a new house, the last thing you want it to make a big
renovation. Fact is, you may be able to save a bundle of money in
energy costs by replacing old, inefficient equipment. Especially if
you heat with oil. *Certainly worth considering if you are in a cold
climate. *My system pays for itself just out of oil savings.