Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Elbrecht Jim Elbrecht is offline

Default Is there a tool to fix deformed male hose ends

On Sat, 07 Apr 2012 15:51:59 -0500, wrote:
-snip-

Yea, I know they sell replacement ends, either those cheap plastic ones
with the big blob of plastic to clamp them on, or costly brass ones that
require a sharp hose clamp like the ones used in cars, and make them
hard to use because they hurt the hands. Unfortunately the crimped on
ones (the good ones)that come from the factory can not be purchased and
would probably require a $1000 (or more) machine to install them.

Nelson makes a good brass one with a smooth clamp on end. They run
$5-10 at the local hardware store. My aubuchon hardware had them
someplace far removed from all the cheap hose stuff. so ask for them
by name.

Jim