Posted to alt.home.repair
gonjah gonjah is offline

Default Alzheimers Alcoholics

On 4/7/2012 11:05 PM, wrote:
Do Alcoholic AA members with Alzheimers forget they are in AA and
sometimes drink?

Yup. In the latter stages just about anything goes.

Are they banned from AA for doing so?

I doubt it would be much of an issue. When they are in the final stages
they are usually supervised by a family member or they are in a nursing
facility.

It's been my observation that many Alz patients resort to their former
lives.

ie: Maids might start clean. Rich people might think the "home" is a
cruise ship. Mothers might want to cook.

It's a disease of the brain and it effects different people differently.
So this is not a hard and fast rule.