Posted to alt.home.repair
gregz gregz is offline

Default WAY OT ~ Vanguard funds

gonjah gonjah.net wrote:
On 4/7/2012 7:44 PM, gregz wrote:
gonjahgonjah.net wrote:
I've got to put some money ( $5k but less than $10k) in a IRA to avoid Fed income taxes

Anyone have a suggestion on which Vanguard fund they would pick?

Sorry for the OT post and my lack of $ knowledge. I've got until April 15.

Jim

You put money in determined by the markets. I don't think things are going
to get better any time soon. Right now I would remain mostly cautious.
Stick half in vanguard retirement fund. Put the other half in whatever year
your retiring, like vanguard retirement 2020 .

Greg

Wow. I had no idea that's what those numbers meant. Do you know what
Expense Ratio I should be looking at?

BTW: I'm 57 and my wife is 52.

I would have to look up expense ratio ??

Greg