Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
RangersSuck RangersSuck is offline

Default Diving compressor post

On Apr 7, 10:41*pm, "Steve B" wrote:
I'm interested in building a surface supplied air compressor for two divers.
22 cfm@150 psi. *I know that the big difference is vegetable oil in the
crankcase vs. petroleum based oil, but just wondering if anyone had any
experience with this. *A new one especially made for diving is going to run
about $7500, and one could be put together from components for less,
provided the air generating part is compatible with breathing air.

Anyone?

Steve

Just guessing here, but I imagine that a large part of that $7500 is
going to lawyers and product liability insurance companies. Are you
building this for someone who will NEVER sue you? You may want to
think about consulting with a lawyer and an insurance broker before
you get too involved with this project.

That said, have you looked at used and/or surplus equipment? A quick
glance at Google turned up a bunch of stuff - much oif it is SCUBA
(5000 psi), but there are definitely some diving compressors out
there.