Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Hawke[_3_] Hawke[_3_] is offline

Default Hawwke-Ptooey: nattering dilettante, political chowderhead

On 4/6/2012 5:47 PM, jk wrote:
wrote:

We didn't make the jackass claim to be "smart, knowledgeable, and well
liked", you did.

You boys claim to be not only as good as me but better.

George might have, I haven't made that as a general claim.

Like I said, you aren't as blatant as he is but you continue to act as
if you're superior to me. Are you saying you don't put on that air? Just
about anyone can notice it.

Don't try to say
you don't. Pimpton tries to say he's my superior in every single
category and you do the same thing but in a sneakier way.

Either I claim it or I don't. Make up your mind, and then prove it.

You don't say it outright but you imply it to where no one would not
know that is what you are doing. I'll show you how later on.

You like to
intimate that you're really pretty damn good too, smart, successful,
hardworking, etc.

You act like you're my equal if not better all the
time.

I know I am in several specific areas, or I would already know you, or
know of you.

Right here you say that you know you are superior in several specific
areas. How's that for proof you think you're better? You just came out
and said it.

So if you ask me it's you two that are acting like you're hot
****, not me.

So by poking fun at your rather grandiose claims of being "smarter,
more knowledgeable, and well liked than darn near everyone", your
(also alleged) superior ability to "evaluate evidence" sees a claim
of the same ability?

Not in that instance.

To break it down for you in simple terms.

If I am talking to a moron who thinks he is "Superman", and I say
"you are not superman", I am NOT saying "I can leap tall buildings".

What's your excuse? How
come you're not a TV personality? Pretty stupid question isn't it?
That's what you're asking me. How come I'm not on TV? Duh! How come you
don't play pro basketball?

A truly irrelevant question, but one I will answer.

That question is certainly no less relevant than what you ask me. You
ask why I'm not terrifically successful. So I ask you the same and when
I do it there is no relevance? It's the same thing.

I see you slept through all classes where they were discussing how to
set up an analogy.
A better analogy would be to use a profession where I claimed to be
better than most people in the world.

Here is a perfect example of how you act like you are superior to me
without saying it outright. First you criticize me for not being any
good at making an analogy. Then you give your own example of how to make
an analogy the right way. So you found fault with me and then made
yourself a professor who knows so much more that you are in a position
to teach me how it's done. Now if that isn't you telling me that you are
better than me, at least at making an analogy, then what is that? You
just made yourself the expert and me the inept student. But you wouldn't
say that anyone would see that as you acting superior to me? Because it is.

That is, after noting that You don't "know" that I don't.

I got a pretty good idea.

You have no idea what I do. You suspect I don't play pro basketball
[With good reason given my feelings on the game.], but you know
nothing.

Yeah, I'm assuming you're not one of the 1500 best basketball players in
the world. Since the season is on you wouldn't be able to be here now if
you were. The point is why aren't you as successful as a professional
athlete? That's basically what you asked me?

No as discussed above it isn't

Simple, you can't ask me why I am not spectacularly successful without
expecting the same to be asked of you. I don't think you are. So you are
in no position to look down on me for not having achieved anything
great. You haven't either.

But yes I do not play "pro" basketball, but then neither do you, but
as well neither of us has claimed to have that skill set.
Among other reasons I don't play, is that I never had any interest in
obtaining that skill set.

Can't you see how stupid your questions
are?

Can't you see how stupid your "boasts" are. Call them fact all you
like...you can not come close to proving any one of them to any
observer.

I can and have proved to many observers what I say is true. Have you
seen the proof? No, but does that mean no one has? No. Plenty of people
have seen what I can do. If I tell you the truth about my ability it's
not bragging.

You, however, in your usual braggart fashion, claimed to have the
skill set of a "talking head".

I'm not a braggrt.

Your problem is that you have misinterpreted a simple recitation of
facts as bragging. Just like me saying I have a degree in political
science. Telling you that isn't bragging no matter how many times you
say it is.

It isn't mutually exclusive. Apparently you need another english
lesson.

Thank you so much, professor. We all need your superior ability to help
out all us regular folk. Geez, Dude, you really don't even know it when
you're acting like you so damn superior.

If I tell you I'm six one and a half I'm not bragging. If I
tell you that at 61 years old I can bench press 300 lbs. is that
bragging? It's not. You have to misconstrue it to make it into bragging.

brag

1.
to use boastful language; boast: He bragged endlessly about his high
score.
verb (used with object)
2.
to boast of: He bragged that he had won.
noun
3.
a boast or vaunt.
4.
a thing to boast of.
5.
a boaster.
6.
an old English card game similar to poker.
adjective
7.
Archaic . unusually fine; first-rate.
Origin:
1350–1400; Middle English brag (noun) ostentation, arrogance, braggen
(v.); of obscure origin

Bragging is more in the way you use it, rather than the actual
description.

That's right. So it's in the eyes of the beholder. No surprise that you
two say what I say I can do is bragging. But then, you're constantly on
the lookout for things to criticize me for. In this case you can
unfairly label everything I tell you I've done as bragging about it even
when that's a total crock. You're looking for faults so it's not exactly
a surprise when you find something. You always will if you really want
to and you want to real bad.

Got it? It's you and your buddy that
have made problems because you both misconstrue and misunderstand just
about every thing I've written.

Then learn to write more clearly, and think before you boast.

You learn to keep that passive-aggressive, overly critical tone in
check. Your negativity, criticism, and pettiness is boring. My writing
is every bit as clear as your is, and I haven't "boasted" about anything
regardless of what you say.

I have to chalk that up to you both
being extremely biased. Which happens to be a fact.

Another English word that you seem to be vague on.
At least you constantly misuse it.

And you keep pretending to be the superior professor who can correct me
in so many areas. But the reality is you can't and you aren't any better
than me in any of the areas you pretend you are. I'm good at English and
writing. I don't need amateurs like you and Pimpton to tell me that.
I've had people who are far superior to you two tell me otherwise. You
boys are just play acting like you are so damn good and I'm nothing but
the reality is a lot different. You just don't want to admit it. But you
are righties, aren't you? That's what you do, you make up your own reality.

Hawke