Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Talking of fuel.

Weatherlawyer wrote
The Natural Philosopher wrote

Did you ever play Ultima Online? its a role playimng internet based
multi-user thing.

I used to sit in a virtual house chatting to people who had wound up
there as well.. practising the art form known as 'provocation' which
was essentially to enrage (through use of a musical instrument) one
monster outside enough to attack another.

Sitting in a house was good as the downside of this art
was that if it failed they would both attack YOU.

Sadly the game designers made house walls soundproof after a server update.

I cant think why I thought of that...;-)

Who let these evironmental evangelists in here?

Same ones that let you in here very likely.

I can understand now why the rate of suicide is very high in some countries

It didnt even get very high in the concentration camps in WW2
where you could grab the electric fence any time you wanted to die.

when people can get wound up over something that has nothing to do with any of them.

It reminds me of my brush with a chap called Roger Coppock
(or whatever it was) he was right off his meds. A total whack job.

Over a fraction of carbon dioxide that is just too small a number to remember.
Can you believe that someone was foaming at the mouth because of their
perception of the damage done to the planet by an increase of a few
parts per million?

How on earth do people get to be like that?

The same way some get obsessed about washing their hands etc.

Obviously being born mentally defective helps but
even the severely austistic can learn to reason.

Some of the worst of the mentally defective cant.

And something like 90% believe in some god or other.

Cant get much more loony than that.