Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Kitchen Countertop ReDo

On Apr 7, 3:18*pm, Dottie wrote:
The county where I live changed the water last year and everybody has
calcium/lime deposits all over the place. *I have Wilsonart laminate
kitchen countertops....installed in 2003. *The place behind the
faucets was really bad looking with the white spots and I scrubbed too
hard. *Took the design off the Wilsonart. (They don't make it like
they used to). *I am looking around for new material for
countertop...because I may put the house on the market next year. *I
saw ads for various things -- but what really caught my eye was
"reglazing". *It's done with paint ... and the pictures look exactly
like granite. *Anyone familiar with this? *How well does it last?
They also reglaze bath tubs. *I had one of mine reglazed once and it
lasted several years, looked alright... but I finally replaced the tub
and got new tile in there. *I am not sure its the same process ... but
if any of you are familiar with it would like to know what you think.
Questions I should ask, etc. *Thanks. *(And I am assuming it would be
less expensive than replacing the entire thing I have now).

I wonder if they can just reglaze the damaged portion or would they
have to do the whole countertop. I would have used a mild acid -
vinegar to remove the built-up deposits rather than scrubbing them
off, myself.