Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Talking of fuel.

BartC wrote
Rod Speed wrote

There just arent enough cars in britain that are diesel powered to produce a
shortage of cooking oil if some of them started using cooking oil in their cars.

I get through about 1 litre of cooking oil per year.

And hordes of commercial operations use a hell of a lot more than that.

But use about 1000 litres of diesel.

And **** all who use anything like that will bother with cooking oil from the supermarket instead.

Other people would have a smaller ratio, but even so I can see the demand for cooking oil growing by easily 100 times,
if everyone who drives a diesel (40% of us) used it for fuel.

But everyone who drives a diesel isnt going to bother.

You don't think that would generate a shortage?

Nope, essentially because bugger all will bother to fart around
with oil from the supermarket when its so much more convenient
to just use the bowser at the service station etc instead when you
save **** all like you do currently.