Posted to alt.home.repair
Robert Green Robert Green is offline

Default Burglar alarms and home security

"Home Guy" wrote in message ...

stuff snipped

So I question the idea that someone, anyone, will want to break into any
house "bad enough". The only people that would ever want to break into
your house "bad enough" are the police and firemen.

Tell that to the woman a few doors down whose drunken husband smashed his
way into the house to express his displeasure at the protective order she
had filed against him. I guess Canadians don't have domestic violence cases.
The people who shot my friend's dog were determined to get into THAT house
because it had been occupied by drug dealers that kept cash and drugs on
hand in large quantities.

We just convicted this rapist who forced his way into the homes of women he
followed home because he found them attractive.

http://www.myfoxdc.com/dpp/news/mary...ut-bond-011712

By PAUL WAGNER/myfoxdc

ROCKVILLE, Md. - A convicted sex offender accused of three violent home
invasions in Montgomery and Prince George's County has been ordered held
without bond.

Prosecutors say Kevin Ray confessed to forcing his way into homes at
gunpoint and robbing, raping and sexually assaulting several victims over a
four-day period.

After he was arrested last weekend in North Carolina, prosecutors say Ray
was interviewed by detectives and admitted sexually assaulting a housekeeper
in Bethesda at knifepoint and tying up the homeowner and her 14-year-old
son.

I'm on Bob H's side with this. There is definitely a class of people that
for whatever reason, pick a particular house with the intent of breaching
it. More sex than stealing, but there.

--
Bobby G.