Posted to uk.d-i-y
MM MM is offline

Default Very small quantity of sand and cement needed

On Sat, 7 Apr 2012 16:45:57 +0100, "ARWadsworth"
wrote:

BartC wrote:
"MM" wrote in message
On Fri, 6 Apr 2012 19:51:21 +0100, "BartC" wrote:

Try a smaller shop. I saw bags today of 5Kg and 10Kg. And you
probably need
more than you think.

I don't need more than I think. I've done this sort of thing several
times over the years.

In that case, the 5Kg you'd bought several years back would have got
good use!

This time it's a slab I bought to raise the step
out of the back door a tad. The slab is 59cm x 29cm and is proud by
5mm in one corner that needs to be packed out with a VERY small
amount of sand/cement mix.

If it's 'proud', then shouldn't you be taking away material, not
adding it? In any case I would just have used a handful of earth, or
sand if there's any about.

Steal the sand from a neighbour's kids sandpit:-)

And the cement, clever clogs?

MM