Posted to uk.d-i-y
MM MM is offline

Default Very small quantity of sand and cement needed

On Sat, 07 Apr 2012 17:20:39 +1000, F Murtz
wrote:

MM wrote:
Where can I obtain a very small quantity of sand and cement, just
enough to level a single patio slab, which is about 5mm proud in one
corner?

MM

If you are thinking of laying a less than 5mm skin of sand and cement
mix over a laid floor it probably wont stick, different stuff is needed.

No, the slab (59cm x 29cm) is resting on the actual concrete path
outside the back door and is simply there to raise the step slightly.
The slab rocks very slightly when I tread on it because there's a 5mm
gap in one corner. At present I have whacked a very small wooden wedge
under the corner and the slab is now perfectly firm. But the wedge
will dislodge over time, which is why I want a more permanent solution
with said sand/cement mix. About 1/2kg of it should suffice.

MM