Posted to alt.home.repair
frank1492 frank1492 is offline

Default Temperature in Room too High- Thermostat Issue?

Followup note: The burner and the circulator turned on tonight when
the temp and setpoint in the room were the same. After the burner shut
off the circulator continued to run by 3-5 minutes. The actual temp
was then one degree above the setpoint.
So far I have never seen the burner run without the circulator,
but there may not be enough observations. Will continue to post
periodically. If this were true all the time we would have something.
Comments welcome. (Thanks.)

On Tue, 3 Apr 2012 18:08:50 -0400, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:

A couple friends of mine had a similar moment, except they were on the 4th
thermostat, not the 2nd. Turned out that a relay on the furnace had been
sticking. I was able to troubleshoot, diagnostic. Find the sticky relay, and
replace.

In this case, long magnet tip nut setters were needed. And some skill in
wiring, and troubleshooting.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
.

wrote in message news:216cb487-b8d6-44d6-a66b-

But given the overall picture, I'd say that whatever the
thermostat is controlling at the other end is having a
problem. And I'd try to figure it out fast, as if that is
what it is, next time it might not shut off at all.