Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Ball Turning

"Bob La Londe" wrote in message

I tried the round cut lathe bit first. Cutting the bit was a
challenge, but I eventually got one sorta-kinda radius shaped.

The conical grinding point I mentioned earlier can take it from
kinda-sorta to very smooth, round and Sharp when the exact radius
doesn't matter. If the tool is in the post ready to round the end, the
die grinder holding the stone would be between the ways, pointing
straight up. Keep the stone moving so the cutting edge doesn't wear a
step in it.

You could mark where the cone is 1/2" in diameter and try to make the
cone fit all along the cutting edge at the mark.

jsw