LP

Default Motor Frame Definitions?

On Sat, 27 Mar 2004 06:48:40 -0800, Larry Jaques
wrote:

On Fri, 26 Mar 2004 19:35:24 -0800, "David F. Eisan"
brought forth from the murky depths:

Evening all,

In my quest to buy the best new motor for one of my Unisaurs I am trying

figure out the difference between a Leeson 145 frame motor and a Baldor

184
frame motor. Both companies make specific Unisaw replacement motors, but
each base theirs on a different frame style.

Can anyone tell me the difference between a NEMA 145 and 184 frame?

Is there a web site that shows the differences?

Swing by LVT and pick up one of their Handyman-in-Your-Pocket
reference books. It lists those and a zillion other things.
Very handy $10 special. It covers lumber, fasteners, air/water
specs, motors, welding, tools, rope, carpentry, conversion charts,
weights, measures, etc. Just Do It!
http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.a...=1,43513,43556

Murphy was an Optimist

This is one reference. Google on 'NEMA frame numbers" will turn up
more.

http://www.motorsanddrives.com/cower...ms2_chart.html