Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Concrete Patio

On Thu, 05 Apr 2012 18:49:53 -0500, DanG wrote:

On 4/4/2012 4:36 AM, Kate wrote:
I have a concrete patio that has a few cracks (minor) in it, plus some
rust stains.

Is there anything I can do to cover this up to enhance it?
I am thinking pavers, or some decorative rock, and not carpet or
painting over it. Also, hopefully, there is something I can do myself,
rather than hiring it done.

Thanks.

Kate

Kate, you can glue brick to it with plastic roof cement and then broom
sand into all the joints. This will make a very serviceable surface.

There are many toppings designed for concrete. They will require a good
clean surface. Here is plenty of information from one of the best in
the business:
http://www.thestampstore.com/
make sure to look through their gallery. Stain may provide the look you
seek, but there are certainly overlays which give an entirely new surface.

Kate, are these "hairline" cracks across the pad? Are these cracks in
the "relief" cuts in the pad? The stain idea in a good option. Some
cosmetic fixes to the cracks and then stain the pad. You Tube has
some videos about doing it with a garden sprayer. You can make the
patio any color / pattern you like. A clear seal will prevent the
stain from rapid wear n tear.