Posted to alt.home.repair
Home Guy Home Guy is offline

Default How did the burglars enter?

Jim Yanik wrote:

Interesting how they searched that one couch (threw the cushions
on the floor). No doubt they were looking for guns.

Excellent possibility. When my gun permit comes through in three
months, they might get lucky and find a gun if I'm not home. If
I am home, well it will be bad news for them.

I suggest buying a gun safe,and BOLTING it down to the floor or a
wall,or for a small gun safe,to a bedframe. it's wise anyways,if
you have kids.

Yes.

Buy a gun, and keep it in a locked safe in your house.

Then, when you're confronted with an intruder (at any time, day or
night), you tell him -

"Wait a minute so I can unlock my safe and get my gun so I can
protect myself from you."

Such is the fallacy that the gun is an ergonomic residential protective
device.

If it's kept where it's always easily accessible, it can be misused (by
you, or someone else - with dire consequences) or easily stolen.

If it's kept in a secure safe, then it's not accessible when and where
you need it (if indeed it's ever needed).