Posted to alt.home.repair
Rebel1 Rebel1 is offline

Default How did the burglars enter?

On 4/5/2012 10:19 PM, Mark wrote:
.

Aside from the loss of the stuff stolen, my only expense was $45 for a
replacement casement operator (brand: Truth). The casement hinges and
locking bar were okay. The window frame wasn't bent out of shape.

I can't tell from the picture, would you have to force the window open
or force it closed to cause the bar to bend up like that?

Mark

Interesting question. If the window was fully opened, then pushing it
closed could force the bar to bend up, as that is what keeps the window
in place. Again, why bother? The window was opened when I arrived home.