Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Mike Spencer Mike Spencer is offline

Default 'Fluid Film' Undercoating Product

Erik writes:

Hi all,

Wondering... does anyone here have any real world long term experience
with this stuff?

http://www.fluid-film.com/

Stumbled on some Youtube videos of folks crowing about it, but have no
way of knowing if they're shills...

Thanks in advance!

Erik

It appears to be thixotropic. That is. although it goes on kinda
gloppy from either an aerosol can or an undecoat gun, vibration makes
it flow. So it appears to penetrate into those crevices where frame
segments join, brake line attachments and the like from the vibration
of driving.

I try to do my '89 F250 once a year. So far, so good, even in our wet
and salty Maritime climate. Seems not to last more than a year. Maybe
half a year if your vehicle in on the road a lot of the time. (My
truck gets very light use, is garaged when not in use in winter.)

Fifty bucks a gallon here in bulk but that's cheaper than aerosol
cans.

--
Mike Spencer Nova Scotia, Canada