Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03[_2_] DerbyDad03[_2_] is offline

Default How did the burglars enter?

On 04/05/12 8:14 PM, Jim Yanik wrote:
wrote in
:

Burglars recently entered my home while I was away overnight. When I
returned, I saw two possible ways to enter and exit. In the kitchen, the
sliding door to the patio was open enough for someone to easily pass
through.

sliding patio doors can be lifted out of their tracks,unless you have a
"burglar bar" that puts pressure on the patio door,or security pins in the
track and door.

or...

My Peachtree door was manufactured in a manner that prevents it from
being lifted out of the track.

The door is wood on the interior and they use a piece of
weather-stripped trim along the top of the frame to hold the door in place.

To remove the sliding panel you have to remove the 8 screws that hold
the trim in place. Once the trim is removed, the top of the panel can be
tilted into the room and then lifted out of the bottom track.