Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman Swingman is offline

Default Need a combination square

On 4/5/2012 9:09 AM, Jack wrote:
On 4/2/2012 11:13 AM, Swingman wrote:
On 4/2/2012 9:14 AM, tiredofspam wrote:
Swingy, are you experiencing major slowdowns, and script crashes with
your update?

No script crashes. I'm getting "TB is not responding" messages for at
least 15 to 30 seconds each time the program is opened and _after_ it
checks mail. I've done all the usual deleting .msf files etc., to no
avail.

It has never exhibited this behavior, in five years of use, until this
last update.

Now you tell me. Not 5 minutes ago I got the TB update message to 11.01.
I had been getting it for a few days and this time said OK. Now, I know
next time I load TB, it will be updating me to 11.01, the one you are
using...

TB has been ****ing me off since they started updating every other day,
and stupidly update major version numbers every few minutes. Went from
version 3something, which took years to get too, to version 11something,
that took months to get to. I'm losing lots of faith in TB, but stubborn
as I am, I'll probably stay with it until at least a million people tell
me something else is better. Actually, if *you* find something better,
I'd bite.

FWIW, to any and all ****heads: I'm not the slightest bit intererested
in the fact that _your_ TB installation somehow works perfectly, so if
the shoe fits, somehow contain yourself, and STFU.

TB has been acting up one way or another for a good while. The last
update (11) seemed OK, Now I have to look forward to ver 11.01 next time
a load it up. One reason I keep updating is it never seems to work quite
right, so I keep hoping. I think I could have lived with 11.0...

Just don't allow the Test Pilot extension to be loaded and you should be OK.

TB has gotten way too complicated and full of unneeded bells and
whistles, IMO.

--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010