Posted to alt.home.repair
Kate[_5_] Kate[_5_] is offline

Default Concrete Patio

On 4/4/2012 9:26 AM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Apr 4, 5:36 am, wrote:
I have a concrete patio that has a few cracks (minor) in it, plus some
rust stains.

Is there anything I can do to cover this up to enhance it?
I am thinking pavers, or some decorative rock, and not carpet or
painting over it. Also, hopefully, there is something I can do myself,
rather than hiring it done.

Thanks.

Kate

What about "decking" it with composite decking? Trex, Veranda, etc.

I'm about to do some quick repairs to a concrete stoop (caulk some
cracks, etc,) and then cap the whole thing in grey Veranda composite
decking sitting on some pressure treated sleepers.

Some of the newer composites (Veranda, for example) have "scalloped"
bottoms, so I'm going to breadboard the edges to hide the undersides
of the material.

What a neat idea. I like Trex too. But, what is a sleeper? Some type
of support? Thanks.