Posted to rec.woodworking
m II m II is offline

Default Off Topic: Compressors and Computers

Plastic vacuum cleaner nozzles and moving air can generate a lot of
static and that will "fix" your CPU for good in quick time.

Watch the fan bearings with compressed air. I have ruined a few and had
to replace the power supplies.

-------------
"RonB" wrote in message
Our quad core machine runs rather warm especially with its upgraded
graphics card. I use canned air for the close in stuff and our house
vacuum, with the long nozzle, for general cleaning. With heat sinks
and internal perforated mounts (disk drive, etc) it pulls air from the
back of objects instead of pushing dust in deeper. Just be careful
and don't bump into board components.

We don't do it quite as often as he recommended but I probably clean
it out 3-4 times a year. The main machine, mentioned above, actually
starts sounding a little different when it wants to be cleaned - a
mild buzz when working harder with big graphics of video.

RonB