Posted to alt.home.repair
Robert Green Robert Green is offline

Default OT - New thread on Florida shooting

"HeyBub" wrote in message
Robert Green wrote:

The offense is in the eye of the beholder, not the actions of the
actor.

I can refute that easily by pointing out the cops that shot Diallo
and Bell went through a world of hurt. The Sean Bell shooters even
lost their jobs because their claims of self-defense and "apprehended
danger" were not believed.

Giggle. Did any of the 109 officers who shot at Diallo or Bell go to jail?
Or a trial? Or even get arrested?

No, because they were police officers who are given more legal leeway in a
shooting situation because that's part of their job. But you can't call
losing that job and your pensions, as the Sean Bell shooters did a "good
outcome." The point remains the same. YOU may think you're acting in fear
of your life but in many cases that's up to someone else (trial judge, jury,
the Chief of Police) to decide. There's still a chance that some vigilante
yahoo is going to gun Zimmerman down. I'd call that the ultimate "bad
outcome" for Zimmerman.

I rest my case.

What case? Did you make a case? It must have been very, very tiny because
it slid though the space between the letters. (-:

stuff snipped

Do you think Zimmerman would do things differently if he could turn
the world back to the day before the shooting?

I'm reminded of the famous movie line: "You're damn right I shot him and I
hope he roasts in Hell!"

I would hope Zimmerman would repeat his actions if he could do it over or

if
faced with the same situation in the future.

I know that you do, but somehow I doubt he does. I think his actions "blew
up" on him and he never expected in his wildest dreams to be in hiding,
gunless, being hunted down by the NBP and facing a wrongful death suit no
matter what happens in the criminal courts. That's not a good outcome in my
book, although it might be in yours. "Yes, I ended up dead, but so did that
other guy." Faint comfort in my world. The very few times I had to "break
leather" I was pretty cognizant of what would happen if I had to shoot,
particular in a state that has no SYG law.

--
Bobby G.