Posted to rec.woodworking
Bill[_37_] Bill[_37_] is offline

Default Off Topic: Compressors and Computers

wrote:
On Wed, 04 Apr 2012 16:05:42 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:

On Wed, 4 Apr 2012 14:24:41 -0400, "Mike Marlow"
wrote:

Bill wrote:

To each his own, but that sound like a strangle place to put a
screwdriver. How about just holding them with your finger (s)?

Why Bill? He's just trying to keep the blades from turning. You are
right - a finger could easily do it, but there is nothing wrong with using a
screw driver either. Methinks he wants to keep his fingers from getting
dirty...

A soft plastic wand (for the princesses) or wooden popsicle stick
would be a lot safer around electronics, boys and girls.

Except you are doing this with the power DISCONNECTED. And HOPEFULLY
before strting to blow the air. Sticking a screwdriver into a rapidly
spinning PC fan WILL remove blades.

Not only that, I ground myself before sticking my hands in the case!